I like simple and easy! These almond butter bars are both. All the work can be done in a food processor, then dump into a pan and bake. I do not know of anything easier than blend, pour and bake. I’m thinking this can be done by someone who is an expert or a novice cook.
I have to share something I’m super excited about….my sister-in-law has been cleared to eat almonds!! As you know many Paleo bake goods have almonds and when I go home I have to be careful not to cross contaminate with her consuming my creations. However, she just got the clear from her doctor she can start consuming the almonds and from my understanding she’s loving her new options!!
Almond butter taste varies from brand to brand. I have consumed many jars of almond butter. I have a few favorite brands and like to rotate them when creating dishes. I urge you to experiment and try different brands with this recipe. Each brand has their own taste!
Almond Butter Bars
2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 cup almond butter
3 tbsp coconut flour
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Remove pits from dates and pulse in the food processor to create a paste. If a ball forms, just separate it into smaller pieces.
3. In the food process add eggs, vanilla, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and baking powder to the dates. Pulse the mixture together.
4. Add the almond butter into the food processor mixture and blend together.
5. Sift coconut flour into the food processor and blend together to make the almond butter bars.
6. Pour the batter into a greased 8×8 pan.
7. Bake the bars for 18-23 minutes.
We serve our Almond Butter Bars topped with a little coconut cream from a can.