Well if you are like us, you have ate your big meal for today and now wondering what to do with all the left-overs. I took my left-overs and created Turkey Eggs Benedict. This is an easy way to use up left-overs, but also enjoy turkey in a different style. You will use up some of your mashed sweet potatoes and turkey. This is great served with left-over cranberry salad.
You will notice in my recipe, the hollandaise sauce calls for egg yolks. I used the egg whites in the turkey patties. This will eliminate the waste of any eggs.
Turkey Eggs Benedict
2 cups cubed turkey meat
3 TBL minced onion/leek
2 egg whites
3 TBL fat (bacon grease, coconut oil or grass-fed butter)
Mashed Sweet Potato
1 medium sweet potato cubed
2 TBL grass-fed butter
1 tsp mustard
2 egg yolks
1/4 tsp poultry seasoning
1/2 tsp lemon juice
1. First, place the turkey meat in the food processor and pulse it to a thin shredded mixture.
2. Next, add in the onion and egg in a food processor. Pulse the mixture a few times to form a nice mixture.
3. Form 4 balls and press them down to form patties.
4. Heat a skillet on medium heat and melt fat.
5. Place patties into fat and allow them to brown, about 2 minutes a side.
1. Bring a pot of water to boil.
2. Place cubed sweet potatoes into the boiling water and cook for 10 minutes. Mixture should be tender to a fork.
3. Drain water from sweet potatoes.
4. Using a hand masher, mash the potatoes down.
1. Fill a pan with water and bring to a light simmer.
2. When simmering (not boiling), crack 4 eggs into the water.
3. Allow them to cook for 4 minutes in the water.
4. Remove with a slotted spoon.
1. Fill a large pan 1/3 full of water and bring to a boil.
2. Using a smaller size pan, place inside the pan with boiling water.
3. Into the small pan add in butter, mustard, poultry seasoning and lemon juice. I am constantly whisking when I do this.
4. Now add egg yolks into mixture and continue to whisk for about 1 minute. Long enough to have the egg yolks cook. If you allow them to over cook, you will not have a runny sauce.
This recipe serves 4, one turkey eggs benedict each.