I love making quick and easy meals. Especially when I am busy all day and today has been ‘one of those days’. I pulled out some chicken thigh meat last night to defrost. About one hour prior to cooking, I marinated the chicken in a buffalo sauce. We love “Uncle Dougies” sauces. Our favorite “Uncle Dougies” sauce is the ‘Wicked Good No Fry Wing Marinate’. His marinates are all natural and do not contain gluten or MSG!! I can find “Uncle Dougies” at our local health food store. Be forewarned….you don’t need a lot of sauce…a little goes a long way!! This recipe works best with fresh green beans because I find the frozen green beans to become mush in the recipe. See below for my creation of Chicken with Green Beans.
A side note on my chicken: I go back and fourth with chicken meat. Some meals I use chicken breasts and other times I use dark thigh meat. Dark thigh meat is very budget friendly. I also feel the dark meat has more moisture and tend to use it more often. This recipe can be used with white or dark meat. I don’t recommend mixing them.
Chicken With Green Beans
1 lb. chicken meat
1-2lbs. fresh green beans
Favorite Chicken Wing Sauce
Coconut oil for pan
1. Cut up chicken meat into squares.
2. Once chicken is cut up, place in a bag and marinate meat in chicken wing sauce. If you use “Uncle Dougies” I recommend 1.5 tablespoons. Mix the chicken up with the sauce to make sure the chicken is all coated.
3. Marinate for 45 minutes (longer for spicier taste) in the refrigerator.
4. While chicken is marinating, snip the ends off your fresh green beans.
5. After a 45 minutes has passed, warm up a TBL of coconut oil in one pan for the green beans and another TBL of coconut oil in the other pan for the chicken. Let the oil get nice and hot.
6. I dumb my marinate and chicken into one pan and let it cook for 6 minutes (flipping chicken at 3 minutes). Time may vary depending on chicken square size.
7. While chicken is cooking, put green beans into another pan. Allow this to cook while chicken is cooking. Stir often.
8. Once chicken is cooked and green beans are lightly cooked, mix the green beans in with the chicken mixture. Stir it around and let it cook together for about 2 minutes.
9. Enjoy your chicken with green beans!!
Recipe serves 2-4, depending on portion size.