I apologize for the delay in posting! It seems life is busy and tomorrow I’m loosing a hour too! That said, don’t forget to turn your clocks ahead a hour tonight.
If you follow me on Instagram, you have seen pictures of this dish because it’s a popular one at our house for dinner and lunch (left-overs). This dish has become one of our favorites and it’s very easy to make. I love prepping this dish on Sunday and baking it on Monday. Let’s just talk about how awesome my Creamy Buffalo Chicken Casserole dish is with only 4 ingredients, yep…cashews, chicken, spaghetti squash and hot sauce. The key ingredient in this dish is the cashews because they create the cream and eliminate the need for dairy.
Soaking cashews can happen two ways. First, you can soak them for 6-8 hours at room temperature. If you can plan ahead, it’s our preferred way. The second way is to bring water to boil and remove from heat. Add in the cashews and allow them to soak for 10 minutes. But really thinking on it, we really do not notice a difference in taste/texture if we soak them all day or quickly. I loved soaked cashews, a few other dishes I make with them are Paleo Queso Dip, Twice Baked Macaroni and Cheese and Paleo Icing.
1 cup raw cashews soaked (see above)
1/3 cup hot sauce
1/4 cup water
6 cups cooked spaghetti squash strands
1lb ground chicken
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Over medium heat in a medium skillet, brown ground chicken. Once cooked, remove from heat.
- Place cashews, hot sauce and water into a blender. Puree the mixture to create a spicy cream sauce.
- In a large bowl mix together the spaghetti squash and cooked chicken.
- Pour the spicy cream sauce over the spaghetti mixtures and mix well together.
- Place mixture in a greased casserole dish, cover with a lid and bake for 30 minutes.
- If you want it more spicy, add additional hot sauce as topping.