I recently made a large batch of mayonnaise and had some left over chicken from the Instant Pot (recipe here). Next thing I knew, I was throwing together our favorite curried chicken and mango salad (after a trip to the store to get a mango). This recipe is great for making a head. I normally get 4 nice size portions and use it for lunches. This recipe is easy to create with left over chicken. If you do not have any left over chicken, you can quickly bake some in the oven or go to the store and get a rotisserie chicken. If you pick up a rotisserie chicken, read the label and see what they are sprinkling on your bird. I have found one super market around here has MSG listed as an ingredient. I have a feeling it is part of the seasonings they are using, either way I don’t want my body to react with a migraine from it.
Curried Chicken and Mango Salad
3 cups cooked diced chicken
1 cup finely chopped mango (1 large mango)
1/3 cup finely chopped celery
1/2 cup mayonnaise
3 tsp dry curry powder
salt & pepper to taste
1. Place chicken, mango and celery into the bowl and mix together.
2. In a separate small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise and curry powder together.
3. Pour the curried mayonnaise over the chicken mixture and blend together.
4. Allow mixture to sit and flavor together for 10 minutes.
5. Give the curried chicken and mango salad a taste and add salt & pepper to taste.