It’s starting to get warm around Michigan!! That said, I love cold fruit on a hot day. Now take some cold fruit and add chocolate you get me excited BUT add bacon to it too and I’m jumping over the moon! That’s how my dark chocolate pineapple bacon lollipops were created. As though I’m not getting enough exercise lately walking the dog daily and cross-fitting, I decided to start jumping over the moon too! This recipe needs to be refrigerated from when you assemble it until when you serve it. However, if you have a short drive to your destination and the humidity is not too high, they will survive and your friends will be jumping to the moon with you…nothing like a buddy system to hold you accountable for your daily exercise.
This recipe works best if the pineapple squares have been refrigerated. This helps the chocolate shell to form when rolling the bacon onto it and harden quicker. I’ve only done this recipe with cold pineapple because it comes out perfect and I have not wanted to mess with perfection!
Dark Chocolate Pineapple Bacon Lollipops
One pineapple cut into square pieces (refrigerate for one hour)
6 cooked bacon strips – crumbled
Chocolate Sauce Ingredients:
¾ cup raw cocoa
¼ cup coconut oil
2 tbsp. maple syrup
½ tsp vanilla
- Line a pan with wax paper.
- Heat coconut oil to a liquid. Add in remaining chocolate sauce ingredients and whisk together.
- Take the crumbled bacon and place on a plate .
- Take a toothpick and place it into the pineapple to form a lollipop.
- Take the lollipop and dip and into the chocolate sauce. If the sauce is runny, allow is to drip for a second.
- Take the chocolate dipped lollipop and roll/dip is into bacon crumbs and place on wax paper.
- Finish steps 4-6 with remaining pineapple squares.
- Place the pan in the fridge and serve chilled.