We love our Instant Pot. I think our biggest love comes when making bone broth. I use to spend two days making bone broth in the crockpot every weekend, only to have the house smell up. Needless to say, Instant Pot has taken the smell out of our house and for that, my husband is grateful! The Instant Pot makes cooking easy and a lot more quick! I have taken my husbands favorite meal and turned it into an Instant Pot meal.
This recipe will use two features on the Instant Pot. First, I use the saute feature. This helps to cook down the onions, celery and beef. Then, I switch it to low pressure on the soup options for a short time. This short time helps to lock in the chili seasoning flavors and create an explosion in your mouth!
Instant Pot Chili
2 tbsp ghee
3 cups thinly chopped onion
2 cups thinly sliced celery
2 lbs ground beef
2 tbsp chili powder
1.5 cups chicken broth
26oz chopped tomatoes
salt and pepper to taste
- Turn Instant Pot to sauté and place ghee inside the pot.
- Allow ghee to melt and get hot. Then add in onions and celery and cook until translucent (about 5-8mins). Continually stir the pot otherwise the vegetables will stick to bottom.
- Add in ground beef and cook until light pink (almost cooked all the way).
- Pour in the chicken broth, chopped tomatoes and add in the chili powder, salt and pepper. Stir all together well.
- Place cancel on the Instant Pot. Place cover on the pot and twist to lock. Push the soup button, then change the pressure to low and cook for 8 minutes.
- After Instant Pot has pressure cooked for 8 minutes, allow the chili to come down on pressure naturally (15 minutes).
- Remove the lid and enjoy!!