If you are looking for a very moist chicken recipe, look no further. My Lime LaCroix Butt Chicken is off da chain! Yes, I went a little slang because we get excited in our house for this recipe! The mixture of spices, flour and ghee makes the chicken taste like a deep fried chicken. The husband and I fight over the skin because it’s crunchy and filled with amazing flavor. I love this recipe for a few reasons, first it’s super easy and the left-overs can be turned into lots of different dishes from soup to chicken salad. I would recommend sticking to the lime or lemon LaCroix because it does give moisture and flavor to the chicken from the inside out.
Now, I’m a proud mamma with this video. I put lots of time into cooking/taping and editing it. This said, I know it is not perfect. But, I’m learning the process to bring you better ones! Sticking to our basic favorite recipes because if they are our basic recipes, they are easy to make both in the kitchen and on the computer!!
Lime LaCroix Butt Chicken
1 (3-4lb) whole chicken
1 tbsp cassava flour
1 tbsp ghee
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp lemon pepper
1 can of lime/lemon LaCroix
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place flour, ghee, salt and lemon pepper in a bowl and mix together to create a paste.
- Rub the chicken with the paste (both sides).
- Pour 1/2 the can of LaCroix out and into an oven safe dish/pan.
- Place can with remaining liquid in the middle of the dish.
- Place rubbed chicken on top of the can.
- Bake the chicken for an hour and half (internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Allow chicken to seal in juices for 5-10 minutes before carving.