Apple season is just about over in Michigan…(insert sad face). I think I have got great use with my apples this season. I have created muffins, apple butter, apple sauce, soup and now Paleo apple cinnamon coffee cake! I could get use to having apples in season all year long!! The apples from the orchards have a special taste, which you can not find in purchasing apples at the grocery store.
Paleo Apple Cinnamon Coffee Cake
1/2 cup coconut oil
3/4 cup applesauce
1/4 cup honey
2 apples, grated (about 1 cup)
1/2 cup coconut flour
1 cup shredded coconut (unsweetened)
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 vanilla bean or 1 tsp vanilla extract
1 TBL apple cider vinegar
1 tsp baking soda
a pinch of salt
1 apple, thinly sliced
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix all wet ingredients together (eggs, coconut oil, applesauce, apple cider vinegar, vanilla and honey).
3. Add in grated apple, baking soda, spice and coconut flakes
4. Mix in coconut flour and add a pinch of salt.
5. Let mixture sit for 5 minutes.
6. Pour mixture into a greased 9 inch spring pan.
7. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
8. Allow cake to cool and you will notice it pull away from the edges.