Occasionally, I get a sweet craving for breakfast. To be honest, it is just a craving for cinnamon rolls and it is always after I have seen someone post on Facebook a gluten filled cinnamon roll. I decided to tackle the ‘cinnamon roll’ and make Paleo cinnamon rolls. These cinnamon rolls lack the gluten and dairy my gut can not handle. Instead of using icing, I just smear my cinnamon rolls with raw unfiltered honey and sprinkle a little added cinnamon on top.
Paleo Cinnamon Rolls
1 ripe banana
2 TBL coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp almond extract
2/3 cup coconut flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup coconut sugar
2 TBL cinnamon
2 TBL chopped pecans
1. Place banana, coconut oil, eggs, vanilla, almond extract and cinnamon in blender. Puree the ingredients together.
2. Pour out of blender into a bowl and add baking soda, salt and coconut flour.
3. Mix until it forms a ball. If it is very soft, add more coconut flour to firm it.
4. Place mixture on parchment paper and then place another piece of parchment paper on top of dough.
5. Using a rolling pin, roll out the dough.
6. Take top sheet of parchment paper off and sprinkle all the filling ingredients onto the roll dough.
7. Using the bottom parchment paper as a tool, slowly roll/flip the log to form several layers.
8. Cut the dough to form the cinnamon rolls.
9. Bake at 350 for 15-20 mins.