Looking for an easy meal with a bit of natural sweetness? This is a great meal and easy to make. We make this dish when we are crunched for time but want a healthy meal. There is just something about pork, it tastes amazing. I’m fortunate to get amazing pork from a local farmer. They treat their pigs as though they are their children. Currently they are working towards building a new barn because their old barn is not operating correctly, which resulted in some piglets moving into their house this winter to stay warm. To me that says a lot about who they are and what they represent! I’m a huge fan of buying from local farmers and supporting your community. Reach out to your farmers at your farmers market and get to know them. I’m always memorized by how much they know about their products. Some days I leave learning a ton of new information!!
Pan Fried Pork Chops with Apples
2 pork chops
1 green apple thinly sliced
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp butter/coconut oil
1 tbsp avocado oil
salt and pepper to taste
1. Place butter and avocado oil in a medium skillet on medium heat.
2. Once mixture is melted, blend together.
3. Salt and pepper your pork chops and place in the skillet. Cook for 3 minutes and then flip the pork chop and cook an additional 2 minutes. You want your pork chops cooked to 145 degrees fahrenheit.
4. Remove pork chops from pan and place on a plate, allowing juices to settle.
5. Place sliced apples in the pan with the juice from the pork chops. Sprinkle the apples with cinnamon. Cook the apples until tender (about 5 minutes) and remove from heat.
5. Serve the pork chop with apples on top!