This morning a co-worker brought me in some fresh raspberries. Of course I had to come home and cook with them. My head was thinking raspberries and chocolate; however, as I drove home I decided I wanted to add lemon into them too! These cookies are sweet, but with a sour taste too! The fresh raspberries give it an amazing flavor and color. Some kids might think eating a red cookies is ‘cool’.
Raspberry Lemon Chocolate Chip Cookies
Yields 2 dozen cookiesIngredients:
1/4 cup coconut milk
1 cup fresh raspberries
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup honey
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp lemon extract
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup Enjoy chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 375
2. In a food processor, puree 3/4 cup raspberries and coconut milk.
3. Move mixture into a bowl and whisk together the remaining wet (coconut oil, eggs, vanilla & lemon extract and honey) ingredients.
4. In separate bowl mix dry (coconut flour, shredded coconut, cinnamon, salt and baking soda) ingredients together.
5. Mix together dry and wet ingredients.
6. Gently fold in 1/4 cup raspberries to allow them to lightly break up, leaving small chunks in each cookie.
7. Fold chocolate chips into the batter.
8. Let mixture set for 5 minutes (it will stiffen).
9. Use a tablespoon and measure each cookie and place onto cooking sheet. I do press my cookies down slightly, helping them to form a circle shape.
9. Bake 10-12 minutes
**For this recipe, I used the Enjoy Chocolate Chip Chunks and chopped them up to give more of a chocolate taste.