Ever go to bed with a craving, only to wake up and have it even worse? That’s how these Saturday morning cinnamon rolls got created! I have been wanting a good gluten free cinnamon roll for awhile; however, I have not found one! Needless to say, when I can not find what I want, I make it!
When creating the dough, you can start with a spoon to blend together. However, at some point you will just be pushing around chucks on dough. When this occurs, roll up your sleeves and knead together to form a ball.
My Saturday Morning Cinnamon Rolls are the closest I have come to having an ooey gooey center. My husband did not stop at one, rather three…and he does not care for sweets and said they were great (and had to be stopped at three).
Saturday Morning Cinnamon Rolls
3 cups cassava flour
1.5 cups coconut/almond milk
8 tbsp butter
1 instant yeast package
1/2 tsp vanilla
Cinnamon Sugar Middle Ingredients
3 tbsp butter
1/2 cup coconut sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1/2 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place all dough ingredients in a large bowl and mix together. Once mixed together and you have mini-dough pieces, use your hands to knead the dough and form into a large bowl.
- Place dough on a long piece of parchment paper in the center. Place another matching size piece of parchment paper on top of the dough ball.
- With your hands press down on the ball. Then use your rolling pin to roll out the dough (long and wide).
- Remove the top piece of parchment paper.
- Place all of the cinnamon sugar middle ingredients in a small pan on low heat and melt together to form a glaze.
- Remove glaze from heat and pour down the middle of the dough.
- Using a basting brush, spread the glaze all around the dough.
- Slowly roll up your down to form your cinnamon roll log.
- Cut the cinnamon rolls to be 1.5inches.
- Place cinnamon rolls in a greased pie pan.
- Bake the cinnamon rolls for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and glaze with your favorite icing. Need a recipe? Check out my Paleo Icing recipe here.