Are you ever looking for an easy meal to make with only one dish to clean? If so, my Creamy Sun Dried Chicken Skillet is for you! It’s easy to make and gets gobbled up in our house. The key to this recipe is allowing the ingredients to simmer (step 8). When we cook meals with chicken, we use dark meat. This is because it is cheaper and also juicer. However, you can make this recipe with breast meat and it will taste just as amazing! Love when easy and yummy go hand in hand! I’m also loving this meal because it does not heat up our house when it’s already HOT outside! The less head I can provide, the better!!
Yields: 6 servings
6 slices of bacon
1/2 cup chopped onions
3 cloves of garlic minced
1 lb chicken meat sliced into cubes
1 tsp dried basil
8 oz sun dried tomatoes
1 cup coconut milk (from can)
salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, pan fry bacon over medium heat until golden brown.
- Remove bacon from pan.
- Leave 2 tablespoons of bacon fat in the pan.
- Add in the onions, garlic and sun dried tomatoes. Cook until onions become translucent, about 5-8 minutes.
- Add in the chicken cubes into the pot and cook until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees Fahrenheit, about 5-8 minutes.
- Sprinkle the basil over the pan and allow the heat from the pan to start releasing the flavor for a minute, prior to mixing the basil into the dish.
- Pour the coconut milk into the pan and mix in.
- Allow flavors to mix over low heat for 8-10 minutes.
- Crumble up the bacon.
- Sprinkle the bacon on top of the dish and serve warm.